What is the SLSA Bronze Medallion?
The SLSA Bronze Medallion is arguably the most well known Lifesaving Qualification. Candidates (15 years and above) learn about First Aid, Resuscitation, Radio Communications and Rescue techniques along with other skills and knowledge which help ensure safety on beaches.
How often do these Camps and Courses run?
A camps and courses run by demand, so if we have enough people interested we will get the ball rolling! However, we have a few set dates for popular camps that run throughout the year.
- Bronze Camp - Mid December every year.
- Part Time Bronze - Generally runs for 4-6 weeks before Bronze Camp so they are ready for assessments in line with the Bronze Camp.
- Silver Camp - Generally every other year, normally held in June.
What awards can I get?
- Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC)
- Bronze Medallion
- (Apply) Senior First-Aid
- Advanced Resuscitation Technique's Certificate (ARTC)
- Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) Crew
- Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) Drivers
- ATV Operator's Certificate
- Spinal Management
- Basic Beach Management
- Surf Coach
- Training Officer Certificate (TOC)
- Assessors Certificate