The format of the qualification event will be as follows:
The heats will consist of three Iron races over a combination of standard and M Shape Courses. Each of the three heats will be a different competitor random draw and discipline order.
The proposed order of events for Day 1 of the Qualifying Event will be – all races to run consecutively:
- Males -1st round of Heats
- Females – 1st round of Heats
- Males – 2nd round of Heats
- Females – 2nd round of Heats
- Males – 3rd round of Heats
- Females – 3rd round of Heats
A point score will be taken over the three heats with the top 20 going through to the finals the following day. In the event there is a tie for 20th spot – the athlete with the highest finishing place in the heats will be awarded the 20th position. If two or more athletes continue to be tied under this process, it will roll down to their next highest finishing place and so on.
The finals will consist of another three Iron races (different discipline orders) over a combination of standard and M Shape Courses.
A new and separate point score will be kept for the three finals with the top six places to be awarded a position in the 2019/20 Nutri-Grain Iron Series. In the event there is a tie for sixth position, the athlete with the highest finishing place in one of the finals will be awarded the sixth position. If two or more athletes continue to be tied under this process, it will roll down to their next highest finishing place in the finals and so on. No results from the heats will be taken into account for this process.
The proposed order of events for finals of the Qualifying Event will be – all races to run consecutively:
- Males -1st Final
- Females – 1st Final
- Males – 2nd Final
- Females – 2nd Final
- Males – 3rd Final
- Females – 3rd Final
Courses, discipline order and field sizes may be amended if surf and weather conditions dictate.
To be eligible to compete at the Qualification Event, competitors must comply with Policy 5.04 – Competition Eligibility and the SLSA Guidelines for Competition Eligibility document (both available online at Member’s Area > Document Library > Governance/Policies > Policy 5.04)
Entry into the qualification event can be done via the SLSA Website https://sls.com.au/iron-series-qualification-event-entry-form/. Entries will open Monday 8 July 2019 and close Monday 2 September 2019.
Entry fee into the qualification event will be $50.00 payment can be made with a credit card at the end of the entry process.
Refund of Fees/Cancellation Fees
Once an invoice has been generated, entry fees are non-refundable.
Conditions of entry for international competitors:
- SLSA reserves the right to invite and/or accept entries from international competitors to compete in Nutri-Grain Iron Series Qualification Event.
- International individual competitors may compete in their club caps or, with the permission of their country, compete in their national colours.
- All international competitors must gain international clearance from their governing body and must be submitted to SLSA prior to competition to compete at the Nutri-Grain Iron Series Qualification Event.